Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday 6.14.07

Look at that kid smiling!! Got that new jersey on and everything.

Ok, ok everyone settle down. The FedEx man cometh and delivered the goods. I opened the box and it was a **GASP** moment! I first saw the rich colors and knew these was gonna be something to behold and let me tell you... it is! I serious, I am blown away. I never knew it was going to look this good. I took it over to show my buds over in Audiology, PR, and Transport. They all went nuts. Everyone wants to buy one now. They are limited.

First thing I did when I got home was tried one on. Ahh good fit. Loaded the bike and headed for the river to ride a little of the club ride. My training takes me on these long weekend rides so I have to keep it a bit slow on the regular rides so my legs will be fresh for Saturday's century to wherever ride.

Got a really nice email from my contact at LG (jersey maker) that said they were all watching as they were being stitched together because it was one of the best jersey's that had produced. Now mind you this is a big company and for them to say that made me day even more!

It's sort of a tos up right now as far as the route. Maybe from home to Searcy and back for 90 miles or doing a double shot Keo ride for about 140. I could ride the out and back for 70 to Keo hen see how the legs were feeling and take a short lunch break and ride it again. I do know I'm getting real MP3 crazy these days on these long rides.

Ok, for the persons who sent me the emails wondering what's on my IPod, well don't be shocked but here's a sampling:
Ozzy Osborne - Crazy Train as well as Bark at the moon
The Archies -- Sugar Sugar (Yes, I'm 100% serious and shut up man, I know you have secret tunes too!)
Wolfmother - Guns and thieves
Led Zep - Rock and Roll
Jeremy Camp - Run
Rascal Flatts - Life is a Highway
Rascal Flatts - Fast cars and freedom
Bob Seger - Turn the page
Some Foo Fighters, some jazz, some techno -new agey stuff
There's about a hundred tunes on there.

If you would like to make a tax deductible donation towards the River 2 River ride you can go to our hospital secure site at http://www.archildrens.org/ or you can send a check to:
Arkansas Children’s Hospital Foundation
Attn: Geo’s ride
800 Marshall St
Little Rock, AR 72202

Thanks for reading and come back because we're about to take the ride of your life!
Geo.