Thursday, May 10, 2007

It was just a pishhh shower

The river trail

The river is raising but you can't keep the fisherman off the point.


It was really prettier in person. It was one of those spiritual looking sunsets where the rays of light shoot across the sky.


The family just hanging in the grass and chomping an occasional bug.

It turned out to be one of those pishhhhh showers. You know the kind that is sort of like when you turn the shower at home for a few seconds. Rained at the hospital but not at the house. Awww ya gotta love those summer showers.

So I geared up and headed out to ride. The womens running club was out and there most have been a 100 women running.

The river is way up and flooding a little. I was wondering if it was going to be over one of the smaller bike path bridges but everything was clear.

I did spot a small group of riders that it looked to be the Fast Girls Slow Guys club ride. They are now going so insanely fast that most folks can't really ride with them anymore. They are a racing club through and through. There is nothing at all wrong with that but they are way to fast for me and many of he riders from last year. I did see quite a few of last years riders out tonight.

I had been telling folks about all the duckings or gooselings or whatever you call baby geese. They are everywhere. I also saw a goose that looked as if it had been tangled in fishing line for a long time. It was limping pretty bad and I tried to get closed but it hopped away. I thought about calling my niece with the Game and Fish and ask them to see if they can retain it for a moment and just cut the line off. Just sort of pains me to see an animal in pain like that when it would be so easy to correct.

I rode down and back and down at a comfortable pace since coach will get me if I get caught riding fast just before an long weekend training ride. I plan to get an early start on Saturday morning and ride all day. I'm taking stuff to my office so I will have a place to stop and eat and take a short recovery. I'm looking forward to the training. The weekend calls for a 10 hour ride. Weeellll doggie, let's saddle up!
Tomorrow is TGIF and not a moment to soon!
Later y'all!
Geo.