Thursday, January 4, 2007

The training has begun!

It's funny how you begin training for a ride like this months out. I spent lunch in our fitness center at the hospital and did a 30 minute solo spin which was easy then a 30 minute spin class where Melissa pushed us pretty hard. A freind of mine, Laura, was on the bike across from me and she was eating it up. Super strong spinner today. I kept working to keep the pace with her but she was kicking it. I was laughing about it with her husband Adam in the locker room after class. He was out on the basketball court with the Tues/Thurs lunch crowd.

Anyway, my coach sent me the training schedule today and it's serious training! This month isn't to bad but watch this!

Feb Saturdays have me on the bike for 6, 3, 6, 7 hours on Saturdays

March Saturdays have me on the bike 8, 3, 8, 9 hours on Saturdays

April Saturdays have me (you ready for this) 10, 3, 10, 11, 12 hours on Saturdays

In May I taper off and then May 24th is the big ride!

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more as I train to fight for kids!

No comments: