Tuesday, January 23, 2007

01.23.07

A beautiful sunset greeted my training ride this afternoon. I headed out to the Kevin McReynolds Sports Complex in Sherwood where I live to ride laps. It's a quite place except for occasional walkers. A huge parking lot that is well lit and safe feeling.

The ride started cold but I warmed up fast and got a full hour in and kept an average of 16.3 mph.

All in all it was a great training ride.

I got the rough sketches for the ride jersey and it will be the jersey to own this year. I can't wait!

By the way, the date is now Thursday, June 28th. This is due to me having some outpatient surgery on April 12th which would have been right in the middle of my most intense training period so we just pushed it back a month.

This weekend will see us on the bike for several hours both Saturday and Sunday. The weather is supposed to be in the low 50's and sunny. Makes me a happy camper. Probably will ride out to Scott/Keo/England area for anywhere from 40 t 60 miles on Saturday.

Geo out...

No comments: