Wednesday, January 17, 2007

01.17.07


Still working on getting more weight off. I bought a new stationary bike for the house and it's really awesome. It makes it nice to be able to ride indoors.


Things are starting to come together for the ride and sponsorships and begun to express interest.


Jon is working on the jersey design and I really think this will be one of the most sought after jerseys in central Arkansas this spring. When I get the final design then I'll post it.


Here's some Q & A stuff:

When's the ride? May 24th.

Why on a Thursday? Several reasons. Most folks will be in school or at work so the roads will be less traveled than they would be on the Saturday afterwards which is the Saturday before Memorial day.

Where are you starting? On the Oklahoma side of the Arkansas River. We'll ride over the bridge into Arkansas hence over the "River"

How long will it take you? At 15 mph average it will be about 22 hours. And yes, it's all in one day.

Will others be riding with you? Yes, that's the great think about this ride. I have several good friends riding and i invite anyone who wants to to ride any of the ride they feel up to.

Do you have a coach? Yes, I have an awesome coach named Mark Rogers. His a Tri-athlete and good motivator.

What's your fundraising goal this time? $10,000. More is even better!

What part of the hospital is it going to? I'm thinking Audiology. The reason for this group is because of my hearing impairment. They worked with me this past year and I was fitted for a super behind the ear hearing aid that allowed me to hear things that I've not heard since I was a child. I'm also looking at a cochlear implant in the ear I'm deaf in. I'll talk more about this in upcoming blogs.

Thanks for reading and I'll update soon!
Geo.